segunda-feira, 26 de maio de 2008

The Rave Edgar Allan Poe- O corvo Fernando Pessoa

The Raven

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

(...)

O Corvo

Numa meia-noite agreste, quando eu lia, lento e triste,
Vagos, curiosos tomos de ciências ancestrais,
E já quase adormecia, ouvi o que parecia
O som de algúem que batia levemente a meus umbrais.
“Uma visita”, eu me disse, “está batendo a meus umbrais.
É só isto, e nada mais.”

Ah, que bem disso me lembro! Era no frio dezembro,
E o fogo, morrendo negro, urdia sombras desiguais.
Como eu qu’ria a madrugada, toda a noite aos livros dada
P’ra esquecer (em vão!) a amada, hoje entre hostes celestiais -
Essa cujo nome sabem as hostes celestiais,
Mas sem nome aqui jamais!

Como, a tremer frio e frouxo, cada reposteiro roxo
Me incutia, urdia estranhos terrores nunca antes tais!
Mas, a mim mesmo infundido força, eu ia repetindo,
“É uma visita pedindo entrada aqui em meus umbrais;
Uma visita tardia pede entrada em meus umbrais.
É só isto, e nada mais”.

(...)

Sem comentários: